Emergency Obs. Request Information
- Disaster Type: Earthquake
- Country: Philippines
- Occurrence Date (UTC): 23 April, 2019
- SA activation Date(UTC): 27 April, 2019
- Requester: Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS)
- Escalation to the International Charter: NO
- GLIDE Number: EQ-2019-000036-PHL
At 1:37PM on 23 April 2019, A magnitude 6.5 earthquake shook the island of Samar and vicinity. The epicenter was located at 11.79N, 125.37E, near San Julian, Eastern Samar with depth of 65 kms. Weak to very strong ground shaking was felt by nearby islands in Visayas and as far as Agusan del Norte in Mindanao. Several damages to some buildings and infrastructure were reported mostly near the epicentral area.
Sentinel Asia member only.
The account will be sent to the EOR requester after Web GIS page is prepared.
If you are interested in to be a member of Sentinel Asia, please contact: z-sentinel.asiaml.jaxa.jp