Emergency Obs. Request Information
- Disaster Type: Flood, Landslide, Storm
- Country: Vietnam
- Occurrence Date (UTC): 18 September, 2020
- SA activation Date(UTC): 17 September, 2020
- Requester: Department of National Remote Sensing -Vietnam Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE)
- Escalation to the International Charter: No
- GLIDE Number:
Vietnam Meteorological Agency said that from afternoon on September 17 to the night of September 18, provinces from Ha Tinh to Quang Ngai rained 200-300 mm, some places over 400 mm. According to the disaster response scenario, for typhoon level 10 and level 13, more than 107,000 households with more than 548,000 people in the central danger zone may be evacuated. This is usually done 12 hours before a storm hits.
DETECTED FLOOD WATER IN HA TINH PROVINCE, VIETNAM
As observed by THEOS-1 image on 23 September 2020
DETECTED FLOOD WATER IN THUA THIEN - HUE PROVINCE, VIETNAM
As observed by TELEOS-1 image on 23 September 2020, and SENTINEL-1 images on 27 June,19 September 2020
Detected Flood Water in Vietnam
Detected Flood Water in Vietnam Sentinel-1
Detected Flood Water in Vietnam TELEOS-1
Sentinel Asia member only.
The account will be sent to the EOR requester after Web GIS page is prepared.
If you are interested in to be a member of Sentinel Asia, please contact: z-sentinel.asiaml.jaxa.jp