Emergency Obs. Request Information
- Disaster Type: Cyclone
- Country: India
- Occurrence Date(UTC): 2018-11-16
- SA activation Date(UTC): 2018-11-16
- Requester: DMS Programme Office/ISRO
- Escalation to the International Charter: No.
- GLIDE Number: TC-2018-000413-IND
Severe Cyclonic Storm "GAJA" crossed Tamil Nadu and Puducherry coast between Nagapattinam and Vedaranniyam in the early hours of Friday (Nov 16,2018) with a wind speed of 100-110 kmph gusting to 120 Kmph bringing heavy rains in the coastal districts. The cyclone casused damage to properties and power supply in Vedaranniyam in nagapattinam, Pudukkottai, Thanjavur, Cuddalore, Karaikal, Tiruvarur and Trichy districts.