Emergency Obs. Request Information
- Disaster Type: Earthquake
- Country: Philippines
- Occurrence Date (UTC): 2019-04-22
- SA activation Date(UTC): 2019-04-27
- Requester: Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS)
- Escalation to the International Charter: NO
- GLIDE Number: EQ-2019-000035-PHL
At 5:11PM on 22 April 2019, A magnitude 6.1 earthquake shook the provinces of Zambales, Pampanga and vicinity. The epicenter was located at 15.02N, 120.34E, near Castillejos, Zambales with depth of 10 kms. Weak to very strong ground shaking was felt by nearby provinces and as far as Aurora and Laguna. Several damages to some buildings, roads and bridges were reported mostly near the epicentral area.
ALOS-2 InSAR Analysis of Zambales Earthquake, PhilippineThe map in the left shows the information on the co-seismic deformation pattern following a 6.1 magnitude earthquake occurred in Philippines which shook the provinces of Zambales, Pampanga and vicinity. Map in the right shows the information about the line of sight displacement (LOS) after the shock.
Analysis of the Mw6.1 Luzon Earthquake using ALOS-2 data(1): RGB color composite map of the affected area
R band: 2019.04.02 HV
G band: 2019.04.02 HH
B: band: 2019.04.30 HH
(2): Synthetic aperture radar interferometry (InSAR) was carried out over the Philippines to investigate tectonic and non-tectonic deformations using the two PALSAR-2 images (HH mode). Each fringe is approximately 12cm displacement in line of sight of the satellite.
(3) and (4): Unwrapped deformation map and nonlinear modeling on a fault plane with SW-NE orientation was applied using initial faulting information from Global CMT catalog.