Emergency Obs. Request Information
- Disaster Type: Flood and Storm
- Country: Fiji
- Occurrence Date (UTC): 28 Dec., 2019
- SA activation Date(UTC): 30 Dec., 2019
- Requester: National Disaster Management Office (NDMO)
- Escalation to the International Charter: Yes
- GLIDE Number:
Two people have died and more than 2,000 evacuated after Tropical Cyclone Sarai brought strong winds and heavy rain to south-east Fiji.
TC Sarai passed through the Fiji Group from 28 Dec. 2019 and continues to progress through the countryon 30 Dec.